Frequently Asked Questions

Public Health: Better Health, Better Missouri

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I sign up for WIC?

To be certified to participate in the WIC Program, individuals should call Audrain County Health Department at 573-581-1332 or stop by the office at 1130 South Elmwood in Mexico, Missouri to apply for the program.

How do I get a Birth or Death Certificate?

The Audrain County Health Department issues both Birth and Death Certificates. The birth or death must have occurred in the State of Missouri in order to get a copy. The birth must have occurred after 1920 and the death must have occurred after 1980. You must show a photo ID. The cost of your birth certificate is $15, and a death certificate is $14.

Where do I get a copy of my immunization record?

The best way to have access to immunization records is to keep a copy of your own record and your children’s records as well. If you are needing a copy of those records, there are a number of sources available that may have your record. If you received immunizations at a doctor`s office or at a health department, your record will be on file with their office. Schools and child care facilities require proof of immunizations and are another good source of information.

Where can I sign up for Temporary Medicaid?

ACHD is able to sign women up for Temporary Medicaid. This program is intended to provide MO HealthNet benefits to low-income pregnant women. A woman whose family income does not exceed 185% of poverty may qualify. You must bring in proof of pregnancy, proof of income and proof of residence when you apply.

Do you offer parenting classes?

Yes! ACHD offers Love and Logic Parenting Classes several times throughout the year. Please call ACHD at 573-581-1332 and ask to speak to Kerry Patton for details.

Where can I get birth control and family planning services?

Audrain County Health Department does not currently offer Family Planning services. For those that are in need of these services, you can call the Arthur Center Community Health at 582-1234. They serve persons of all ages who need access to primary health care, dental and behavioral health, regardless of their immigration status or ability to pay.