We offer FREE blood pressure screenings Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4:00 pm. Stop by and see one of our friendly staff members to have your blood pressure checked!
Blood Pressure checks will also be provided at:
• YMCA in Mexico every Friday 9:30 - 10:30 am
• YMCA in Vandalia every Thursday from 9:00 - 10:00 am NEW!
• The Help Center the first Wednesday of the month from 9:00 - 10:00 am
• The Senior Center Luncheon on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month from 10:00 am to 11:00 am
• United Credit Union the third Wednesday of the month from 1:00 - 2:00 pm
Blood pressure is important because the higher your blood pressure is, the higher your risk of health problems in the future. When your blood pressure is high, it puts extra strain on your arteries and your heart. Over time, this strain can cause the arteries to become thicker and less flexible, or to become weaker.
The good news is there are many ways to lower your blood pressure and put less strain on your arteries and heart. You can eat less salt, eat more fresh fruits and vegetables, and stay active.
Understanding your blood pressure numbers will help you control your blood pressure.